Summer Garden Salad with Tarragon Dressing
- ¼ pound yellow wax beans or green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon crushed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups mixed greens torn
- 1 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 1 medium tomato cut into wedges
- Cook the beans covered in a small amount of boiling salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Combine olive oil or salad oil, white wine vinegar, tarragon, water, mustard, and garlic in a screw top container. Cover and shake well.
- In a large salad bowl combine mixed greens, tomato wedges, cooked beans, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Shake dressing well; pour about half of the dressing over the salad. Toss lightly to coat. Cover and store the remaining dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/summer_garden_salad_with_tarra/