Green Beans with Garlic
Yield 6 servings
- 1¼ pounds (2/3 kg) green beans, trimmed and cut into 1¼-inch (3cm) pieces
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed with the side of a knife blade
- 3 cups (¾ liter) fresh bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and, when hot, throw in the garlic cloves. When the garlic begins to turn transparent, add the green beans and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep the oil very hot. When the beans start to turn dark green, add the bread crumbs and stir very briskly so that they do not burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. Turn the mixture immediately onto a warmed platter. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve at once.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/green_beans_with_garlichere_is_1/