Fresh Corn Salad
Yield 4-6 servings
- 6 to 8 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved (or substitute tomatillos, blanched, peeled, and sliced into ⅛-inch rounds)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, remove the ribs and then chop (or substitute 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1 small to medium red onion, diced or thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro leaves (or substitute ⅓ cup chopped basil)
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar (or substitute white wine vinegar with a touch of Meyer lemon juice if you want a less sweet taste)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook—blanch–corn in a large pot of boiling water until warmed through, 2 to 3 minutes; drain and then plunge into ice water or cool under cold running water.
- Hold each cob vertically over a wide, shallow bowl. Using a sharp knife, slice straight down, cutting under the kernels letting them fall into the bowl.
- Combine corn, chopped tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by combining the remaining ingredients and whisk until blended. Pour the vinaigrette over the combined corn and vegetables and toss gently.
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/fresh-corn-salad-recipe/