Baby Beets. Baby Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas Salad
- 6-8 baby beets, roasted and cut into julienne strips (about 1 cup)
- 6-8 baby carrot, slice, cube or cut into julienne strips (about 1 cup)
- ½ pound sugar snap peas (about 2 cups), tips removed
- 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon finely shredded orange peel, or zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- Wrap baby beets individually in foil and roast in 400ºF oven until just tender when pierced, about 45 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cooled peel and julienne the beets.
- Zest the orange and set aside the juice from one or two sections. You can now snack on the rest of the orange while preparing the beets and sugar snaps.
- In a small mixing bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, sugar, salt, ginger, and pepper. Just stir.
- Add the sugar snap peas to a small amount of boiling, salted water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just crisp-tender. Drain well.
- Combine the beets and sugar snap peas, add margarine or butter, and drizzle the dressing. Toss lightly to coat.
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/baby_beets_and_sugar_snap_with/