Avocados with Seafood
Yield 4 servings
Adapted from Henri-Paul Pellaprat “Modern French Culinary Art” published 1966.
- 2 avocados
- Lemon juice
- ½ cup diced cooked lobster
- ½ cup diced or whole cooked shrimp
- ⅓ cup diced raw mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or salad oil salt
- Ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- 2 teaspoons grated horseradish
- ½ teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1½ tablespoons unsweetened whipped cream
- 20 peeled, deveined, and cooked whole shrimp
- Black olives
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Scoop out the meat, leaving ¼ inch clinging to the shells. (Reserve the scooped out portion.)
- Brush insides of shells with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Dice the reserved avocado meat and combine with the lobster, shrimp, mushrooms, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Combine mayonnaise, sherry, catsup, horseradish, mustard, and cream.
- Blend with the lobster and shrimp mixture. Spoon into the avocado halves.
- Garnish each with 5 whole shrimp each topped with a bit of diced black olive.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/avocados_with_seafoodmakes_4_s/