Here is a recipe for Provençal mayonnaise to serve with the steamed asparagus. Prepare the mayonnaise in advance.
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh spinach leaves, cooked, squeezed, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely minced scallions
- 3-4 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- juice of 1 large lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the spinach, scallions, parsley, garlic in a blender, add a little of the crème fraîche or sour cream and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and chill for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight.
- Spoon this mayonnaise sauce over the asparagus and garnish with chives and sliced boiled eggs.
- Serve lightly chilled.
Courses Side Dish
Recipe by Harvest to Table at https://harvesttotable.com/asparagus_raw_or_steamed_fresh/